2006年4月5日星期三

Wikipedia's newest addition-

I went to Wikipedia to find out how to contribute an article. There is a short introduction page which outlines Wikipedia's rules. Included is a description of what Wikipedia is not. I've put the important stuff from the "What Wikipedia is Not" section here. Unfortunately, I think this counts out any article I might write about myself.

1.3 Wikipedia is not a publisher of original thought
1.4 Wikipedia is not a soapbox
1.8 Wikipedia is not a crystal ball
2.1 Wikipedia is not a battleground
2.2 Wikipedia is not an experiment in anarchy
2.3 Wikipedia is not a democracy
2.4 Wikipedia is not a bureaucracy

Even more discouraging was this:

"Wikipedia is not a soapbox, or a vehicle for propaganda and advertising. Therefore, Wikipedia articles are not:
Propaganda or advocacy of any kind. Of course, an article can report objectively about such things, as long as an attempt is made to approach a neutral point of view."

As they say, one man's propaganda is another man's...

Um...

Uh...

Hmm...

Nevermind.

On to the next rule:

"Editors should avoid contributing to articles about themselves or subjects in which they are personally involved, as it is difficult to maintain NPOV while doing so." [1] Creating overly abundant links and references to autobiographical articles, or to articles in which you have a personal stake, is similarly unacceptable."

Here's our thoughtful question of the day: Do I really have a personal stake in this blog?

But alas,

"Biography articles should only be for people with some sort of fame, achievement, or perhaps notoriety. One measure of achievement is whether someone has been featured in several external sources (on or off-line)."

This blog should count as at least one external source. When I get some time, I'll see if I can slip an article about me in under their radar. Then we'll see what they do... :)

没有评论: