2006年4月4日星期二

Must..... post....... something............



It's been three whole days without a post. Let's catch up on the important (read: Laura) news:

-On Friday I met my fellow travelers who will be going with me to China. They all seem pretty cool. Hopefully, as we get to know each other better, we'll all get along. One guy is interested in doing a video project. I'm going to see if I can con him into doing a project with me. He needs a subject, and I need someone with videotaping skills to help me do a research project on sign language. He's very handsome. I managed to sneak a picture of him using my camera phone. Let me know what you all think.

-Thanks to some quick thinking, I have (hopefully) spared my cat from a sex change operation. The cat's so-called "blockage" led to his hospitalize earlier this week. Then, the so-called "veterinarian" told me that if the problem returns, he will need an operation to "change the little boy cat into a little girl cat." Dumb animal.

-I met with my Chinese professor for the first of what will be weekly one-on-one sessions. All the students in my class are required to put in this extra speaking practice. Our conversation follows:

Professor:盈皮艰皎讱㤃舝?

Me: Huh?

Professor: 舊觧近耝...

Me: Um....

Professor: DO YOU SPEAK CHINESE?

Okay, so it really wasn't that bad, but it was still a challenge to hold my own.

Now on to the real news:

-Women of the world, we must unite against this kind of treatment!

-This is why women hover.

-This guy looks suspiciously like my veterinarian...

-And lest you think I have forgotten, here's the latest news on him.

没有评论: