2006年4月14日星期五

I like foods that start with a "j" too.


Ahh, let's see, anything exciting to post?

Nope.

Yet another busy week in Laura's world. I never did see the Magician, and I do feel kinda bad for standing him up. I also worked a lot and forgot to bring a homework assignment to class to turn in. But on the up side, I did get some research done. I'm currently working on a bibliography to turn in later this week. The bibliography must have at least twenty items that I have read or intend to read for my research project. Although I did find a large number of books on sign language and sign language structure, most of what will be on the bibliography will be journal articles. I did find one journal article on my exact topic. It was in The American Annals of the Deaf, and addressed the topic of sign language, education, and deafness in China. Though it took several hours of searching, I was able to come up with a list of articles that I wanted to print and save. Printing on my school campus is really expensive, so I went to a copy center nearby. I gave the guy at the copy center a cd which contained PDF files of all the articles I wanted to print. He put it in his computer and told me to wait.

Now let me back up a moment. The reason I chose this particular copy center was because of the six cent per page price. This is not a huge deal, but compared to on-campus printing (ten cents a page), this is a real bargain. I spent an hour waiting for the guy to figure out what he was doing, and then when I went to the cash register to pay, was informed that anything printed from their computers cost twelve cents!

(Insert heart attack here)

I ended up spending $40 for slightly less than 300 copies. That hurt.

没有评论: