2006年11月2日星期四

So you go to your favorite store --the one that requires the special card-- to pick up a few things. So far, you've managed to get by without the card. Whenever you approach the cash register another person always lets you use theirs. Not a big deal, right? But let's say you want that card. You know that one day people won't be as friendly. You ask the cashier, "Where do I go to get the card?"

"You don't need the card, this isn't on sale."

"I know but where do I go to get the card?"

"You don't need the card. There is no sale."

"But I want the card... Where do I go?"

"You don't need the card, this isn't on sale." At this point, the cashier swivels the computer screen in your direction to show you exactly what "not on sale" means. In your frustration you say, "I know, I know, I know! I know it's not on sale, but I just want the card!"

"Well, borrow one from someone in line."

没有评论: