2006年8月13日星期日

8...


Today was my last day at work. Walking into the kitchen I noticed a chair shoved into the corner. It was covered with brightly colored envelopes, and a large paper bag decorated with balloon stickers. I noticed my name on one of the cards and smiled. Just then, one of my coworkers came into the room. She grinned and handed me the paper bag, insisting that I open it right away. I couldn't help but laugh with her as I reached into the bag and pulled out a freshly baked pumpkin pie. I thanked her, and set the pie down to start opening the cards. I found fifty dollars in a card given to me by a customer I didn't particularly like. I feel really blessed to have such good friends and acquaintances.

Leaving work was harder than I thought it would be. I walked out the door, and for a brief second felt fear at the prospect of being unemployed. I work hard, and it's scary to think of all the time I now have. It's also scary to think that I am now without an income.

没有评论: