2006年3月27日星期一

Zhongwen (Chinese)

Well, I started school again today. I'm only taking Chinese, and on fridays will be meeting with the group that I am going to be studying abroad with. The purpose of the friday class is to learn how to conduct research and write a research proposal for the upcoming year. I'm pretty excited about meeting all the people that will be going with me. Hopefully, we'll all get along well.

I haven't looked at or listened to Chinese in over two weeks, and I've already forgotten a lot of material. I can't remember tones, characters, words, grammar patterns, etc... When I was in ASL classes, this was never a problem for me. I could ignore the homework, never sign in class, not have a language partner and still be at the top of the class. Chinese is a whole other beast. I'm not too discouraged though, I found this article (linked above) which sums things up nicely. Don't major in Chinese.

没有评论: