2007年1月20日星期六

Finals

I have finals this week, six of them all together. It's insane, my main class has had no exams the entire semester except for the midterm. I've learned a lot, but all of us feel that we surpassed the book about half way through, and the teacher has been dragging the remaining lessons out much longer than they should be. Finally on Thursday, we were given a pop quiz instead of class. The pop quiz covered some sayings that were mentioned several months ago. They seemed incidental at the time. Most people left the test pretty angry. There were eight sayings that we were suppossed to remember, I think most of us only got two or three correct. The other five I guessed the meaning, or made one up myself. Needless to say, it wasn't a pretty picture.

Nobody knows what is on the final exam. We were only told that we needed to study everything, including the chapters we didn't cover in class. I sat down at my desk at one o'clock this afternoon. I didn't leave until about five-thirty when I couldn't stand sitting any longer. I went for a walk, made dinner, and then resumed studying. I've been at it again for about an hour, and then set my book down to do this. I think I'll put another hour in before going to bed.

I'm nervous about this test. I'm a good student, and tests aren't usually a problem. But I also didn't know what to prepare for the midterm, and scored lower than I would have liked. I wasn't the only one, but it made me want to study harder for these exams coming up.

Ever since the midterm, I've studied less too. In the beginning, the class was moving at a good pace, but since the midterm things have slowed down signifigantly. Now, the lessons drag by and the homework assignments are few. I haven't let everything slide, I was focusing more on my other classes, and have shown improvement.

I guess that's enough complaining for now. I'll let you all know how I do. Until then here's some reading material:

Today's China news

没有评论: