2006年10月14日星期六

It's Saturday!

Ahh, Saturday. A day to relax and catch up on all the blogging I haven't been doing. I usually have a list of things I wish to blog about, but when I sit down to my computer, I only have the energy and time to blog one or two things.

It's been yet another exciting week in the good ol' PRC. My bike, "The Batmobile" has been holding up fairly well since I bought it. While I was riding my bike to school, a car actually scraped my front tire. I was riding through an alley way that I take (the "secret way" is what Sarah and I call it). When I came to the mouth of the alley, I stopped my bike to wait for an opportunity to cross the street. The mouth of the alley is on a narrow two-lane street. About fifteen feet from where I stood there is a sharp, 90-degree turn. That morning there was a large, overloaded truck trying to negotiate that 90-degree turn while the cars heading in the opposite direction either stopped or tried to use the sidewalk as a passing route. It looked like I would be able to make a clean break through the traffic as most of the cars had come to a stop. Horns were blaring, and people were yelling. I slowly pushed my bike out into the road when something caught my eye. A car was trying to squeeze around the right side of the truck. I pulled my bike back a few inches to let the car through. As he passed, the front wheel of my bike scraped along the side of his car. SCHREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I stood in fascinated horror as the rubber from my tire painted a black streak across the new VW.

A little later that week, my front tire popped.

没有评论: