2007年4月28日星期六

Almost Xinjiang!

Tomorrow several of my classmates and I will be heading off on our Spring break trip. We'll be going to Xinjiang, first flying to Urumqi and then making our way over land to Kashi. We'll be gone a week.

We've been talking of making this trip for quite some time now. We've talked of going to Tibet and various other parts of China, but I think the place that won out was Xinjiang.

Xinjiang is located in the far Northwest corner of China. It is home to the Uyger minority people, and some of the best food to be found in China. The majority of China's muslim people live in that area, and it was also there that the old silk road passed through. This will be my last big trip of the year, and I'm really excited about it. When I return I'll be posting pictures and sharing stories.

没有评论: